[Discuss-gnuradio] anyone interested in building a TDMA protocol on USRP

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] anyone interested in building a TDMA protocol on USRP1? base code...
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:59:19 -0400

Hi all,

I have posted some of the implementation of the MAC protocols used in "Enabling MAC Protocol Implementations on Software-defined Radios":
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/gnychis/nychis_nsdi09.pdf

I have not yet posted the host implementations, but I am getting around to posting the high performance MACs... starting witih the TDMA MAC.

I posted preliminary instructions on how to install the MAC protocols here:
https://www.cgran.org/wiki/CMUmacs

Is there anyone interested in TDMA protocols who would be willing to give the TDMA protocol a test drive with some debugging?  When I wrote the paper, I had some synchronization issues in which it seemed like packets with timestamps were being dropped.  This may still be the case.  The best way to go about this is to try and run the TDMA MAC and see if the transmissions are interleaved properly with the guard intervals.  If the transmissions overlap, there is a problem.

Anyways... I just wanted to see if there is any interest to help me fix up some of the remaining issues... and I figured the community would appreciate a tightly-timed  TDMA protocol.

- George