[Discuss-gnuradio] gnu Radio and Mode S (1090 MHz)

From: Andrew Rich
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnu Radio and Mode S (1090 MHz)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 05:58:40 +1000

Hello

Sorry if this is a duplicate.

I am using my digital scope to capture data and pipe it to a flat file where I can look at it in LINUX (gdsh USB and perl)

I am attempting to decode 1090 MHz transponder signals.

I know what I am looking for. ( I do this for a job)

I am on the hunt for better hardware and software to do the job under LINUX.

I simply need a faster better capture soluition that will allow me to up the through put of my signal analysis.

Can someone suggest ? I see some work has already been done on gnu-radio in this area.

At the moment I am processing csv capture files from the scope.But it takes seconds to grab the data from the scope.

Does gnu-radio have a module or code that would let me sample and save ? I can do the rest. Maybe a scope function ? samples vs time.

The data rate is 1 MHz for Mode S.

I have the 1090 MHz receiver, actually got 2. SBS-1 with video out (0-2Volts)

Here are some captures I have done so far.

http://vk4tec.no-ip.org/adsb_gds1022/

Would the USRP and some LINUX code help me out ?

I can program, in perl, python should not be too hard to grasp. C, so so .

Here is my website

www.tech-software.net

Andrew Rich VK4TEC

17/03/2010