[Discuss-gnuradio] WAV File Sink problem

From: dan s
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] WAV File Sink problem
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:54:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I am having trouble using GNURadio companion and getting the wav file sink to work for me.

I am interested in recording from a USRP with an LFRX daughtercard.  I am simply trying to record from Side A, on the RXA channel.

To do this, I am using the following blocks in order from left to right in my flow graph:

1. USRP Source
2. Complex to Real
3. Rational Resampler
4. Multiply by constant ((2^ -15)-1) to get values within the +/-1 range for the wav file sink
5. Head with 20,000,000 samples
6. Wav File Sink (1 channel, 16 bits per sample)

I have checked and all the parameters in each of the blocks are set properly.  For simiplicity in the rational resampler, I set the interpolation and decimation to a value of 1.  Also the wav file sample rate matches the USRP source sample rate.

The .WAV file is generated however I have to actually manually kill the flow graph.  I can then see that the .WAV file has a size that is exactly what I expect for 20,000,000 samples.  However when I open it with any .WAV editor I have problems saying there is something wrong with the file structure.

Is it possible I am actually writing the header wrong with my method? Does anyone know if my approach is even valid?

Thanks,
Dan