Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNURadio on Cygwin, Windows XP: URGENT

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNURadio on Cygwin, Windows XP: URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:52:54 -0500

Ms reena vade wrote:

Hello everyone! I am new to GNURadio. I tried installing cygwin with all the utilities > and libraries as given on gnuradio.org. And then I unzipped gnuradio as well. I have
the following doubts:
( 1 ) Shall I unzip GNURadio in the same drive where I have
installed cygwin? For Eg : i have downloaded cygwin and installed it on my F :\ drive. And on the same drive I have unzipped GNURadio-3.2.2. So my question is shall I unzip GNURadio inside cygwin or I am ok if it is installed on F : drive?

It shouldn't matter as long as there are no spaces in your path name.

( 2 ) If the answer of above question is that I let GNURadio remain on F drive, then when I try building the minimal GNURadio syatem by giving the ./configure
command, i get error: unable to use python headers. How to solve this?

I assume you are following the instructions at gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/CygwinInstallMain. If not you may want to look there first.

The config.log file tells you what it was doing when it ran into trouble. Does the file /usr/include/python2.5/Python.h exist? It might help to tell us what parameters you used on ./configure and the exact error message and the lines that precede it in the output of ./configure.

-- Don W.