Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Git HEAD build error - build environment issue?

From: Richard Clarke
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Git HEAD build error - build environment issue?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:10:06 +1300

On 23 February 2010 11:00, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 13:48, Richard Clarke <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've just built the head of the Git repo on two different machines. On one
> of them it builds OK, however on my laptop I get the error shown below. I
> had installed all dependencies for Karmic (or I believe I have) however this
> must be related to my build environment in some way I guess. Does anyone
> have any clues?

For some reason, the linker cannot find libgruel.so when trying to
link libgnuradio-core.so.

Could you post the output of your ./configure run, the part that shows
which modules will get built and which wont?

Johnathan

Hi Johnathan,

the part of interest from the configure run is shown below. Everything appeared to be in order.
Thanks for your help.

Richard

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

usrp2-firmware

These components will not be built.

The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
omnithread
gnuradio-core
mblock
usrp
usrp2
vrt
gr-usrp
gr-usrp2
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-oss
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gpio
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-noaa
gr-pager
gr-radar-mono
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-qtgui
gr-sounder
gr-utils
gnuradio-examples
grc
docs

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
gr-gcell
gr-audio-jack
gr-audio-osx