Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and OS X installation - path problem?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and OS X installation - path problem?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:29:32 -0500

Hi Fabrizio - Glad to hear you had success using MacPorts to install GNU Radio on your 10.5 box. That's the goal!

On Feb 19, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:
seem (to me) to indicate the wrong path (at least for my
installation). To have all working I had to change:

if [ ${PYTHON_ROOT} != "/usr/include" ]; then
#export PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:/usr/local/lib/python$ {PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages export PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:/opt/local/lib/python$ {PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages
fi

at the end of my .bashrc

Does anybody know why?

The install guide was written for when one installs GNU Radio from source by hand, not using MacPorts. I think that, so long as you've done:

sudo port install python_select
sudo python_select python26

then I don't think you need that "if" statement at all -- it's designed to make sure the default install ${prefix} for GNU Radio (/ usr/local) is included in the PYTHON search path. Since you installed from MacPorts, the ${prefix} is /opt/local, which should be covered by previous lines in the script:

setenv PYTHON_VERSION `python -V |& sed -e 'address@hidden@ @2' | awk '{ print $2 }'` setenv
PYTHON_ROOT `which python | sed -e 's@/bin/python@@g'` setenv PYTHONPATH
${PYTHON_ROOT}/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages

You might try commenting out the whole "if" statement (then "source ~/.bashrc") & seeing if GNU Radio still works. - MLD