Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some help required piping samples to the USRP2/WB

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some help required piping samples to the USRP2/WBX
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:44:56 -0800

On 02/18/2010 08:06 AM, Charles Brain wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to write a python script which will allow me to take some 16
bit IQ samples from a file and write them out to my USRP2/WBX.

The background is that I am trying to implement what has been done on
here http://www.m0dts.co.uk/datv_live.htm

but instead taking the output of gbDVB piping it through
an app I am writing (to do the raised cosine filtering) then piping that
to the USRP2

Unfortunately GnuRadio is a bit daunting at the moment
especially finding what various things are especially as some usrp
blocks don't seem to exist for the usrp2 or their input formats are
different.

What I need to do is set the tx frequency to 1249 MHz
select the correct antenna output then pipe samples from
the input file to the usrp2 sink.

Any pointers would be most useful.

Be gentle

- Charles

Charles,

Glad to hear from you. I would suggest that the easiest thing for you to do would be to build a flowgraph in GRC. Assuming your file is binary, you can just use the file source and a USRP2 sink.

I've attached a sample flow graph. I'm away from any hardware right now so I can't test it, but it is simple enough it should work. You'll need to set the interpolation ratio based on the sample rate of your data.

Matt