Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM receiver on USRP2

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM receiver on USRP2
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:47:25 -0800

On 02/16/2010 02:45 PM, Srinivas wrote:
Matt,

Thanks for verifying the data rate calculation!

I tried the other solutions that you suggested, namely,

*- increasing the data rate by a factor of 2 or 4
*It works.
*
- modifying the OFDM code to widen the search range* - How do I widen
the search range ?
Should I be looking in the "ofdm_sync_" blocks in "blks2impl" folder ?
If yes, which synchronizer is currently used with ofdm_examples ?

*- locking the usrps to a common reference
*My usrp2s are located wide apart so I guess this solution is not practical.

Besides, this confirms that the problem is somewhere in the USRP2 board,
right ? (as I tried swapping the daughter cards & firmware with the
working pair)

No, this confirms that there is no problem. Frequency offset is a natural part of radio systems. The software needs to handle it properly.

Matt