[Discuss-gnuradio] Firmware / FPGA bitstream for USRP2 Rev 4

From: Omid F
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Firmware / FPGA bitstream for USRP2 Rev 4
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:47:58 -0600

Hi,

I get a new Rev4 USRP2 two weeks ago, and have not yet been able to connect to it.

I tried both the binary and the source code on different machines running different versions of Ubuntu (9.4, 9.10). I simply get "No USRP2 found." when I call find_usrps.

I have reached a point that I am almost certain there is something wrong on the USRP2 side. The LEDs look fine though (6 of them flash at startup, 2 remain on).

As a last resort, I tried to reprogram (a new) SD card. I followed the instructions on USRP2FAQ and copied txrx.bin and u2_rev3.bin on the new SD card. This time, even the LEDs don't light up, and of course I still cannot connect to the USRP2.

How do I know which version of firmware and FPGA bitstream I should use?
Is there a u2_rev4.bin available (since my USRP2 is revision 4)?
Any hints on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Omid