Re: Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RSSI Measurement--

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RSSI Measurement--
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:13:01 -0500

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:56 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> In a lab scenario , RSSI may not be much affected by multipath signals.
> and to the other question u asked,
> I only want to plot BER against some received signal. It can be either RSSI
> or SNR or anything. But I need some reference. If u have any idea please
> share....

You could go off injected power level with fixed gain and attenuation.

Or, if you didn't know injected power, you could go off inserted attenuation.

Or, if you didn't have a nice variable attenuator, you could calculate EVM:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_vector_magnitude

Or, if you want to start being absurd since you said "anything", you
can plot against time.

Or, you can plot against the number of people in the room.

Or, you can plot against how hungry you are.

Just some ideas if you didn't want to figure out how to do RSSI yourself.

I hope you find them helpful, and good luck!

Brian

PS - I hope by "In a lab scenario" you mean wired with low loss
cables, or in a nice anechoic chamber.