RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to tune Tx or Rx with XCVR2450 on USRP2

From: Ian Holland
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to tune Tx or Rx with XCVR2450 on USRP2
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:39:40 +1030

Hi Josh

>The xcvr has a high band and a low band, which means there is a gap in
>the tunable frequency range for the xcvr. Therefore, the
>"auto-calculated mid-point frequency" is an invalid frequency for the
>xcvr. Pick a frequency in the high band or low band range:

>#define LB_FREQ_MIN U2_DOUBLE_TO_FXPT_FREQ(2.3e9)
>#define LB_FREQ_MAX U2_DOUBLE_TO_FXPT_FREQ(2.6e9)
>#define HB_FREQ_MIN U2_DOUBLE_TO_FXPT_FREQ(4.8e9)
>#define HB_FREQ_MAX U2_DOUBLE_TO_FXPT_FREQ(6.1e9)

Thanks - I will keep that in mind when using usrp_siggen.py in future.

However, I have tried 2.4G with the source code from my original post
(relevant code snippet for Tx tuning just below this paragraph, for
which successTx is 0 and all frequency properties in TxTuneResult are
0), and also with usrp2_fft.py -f 2.4G, after burning the latest images.
I still face the same problem that neither the Tx nor the Rx will tune.

/* try tuning Tx to a test frequency */
double Fc = 2400000000.0;
usrp2::tune_result TxTuneResult;
bool successTx = device->set_tx_center_freq(Fc,&TxTuneResult);