Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install gnu radio on to ubuntu linux 9.04 (Jaunt

From: Makmur Hidayat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install gnu radio on to ubuntu linux 9.04 (Jaunty)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:18:25 +1030

Thank you for your suggestion. I did your suggestion. And I have finished the installation.

As far as I know that after installation then the package installed can be found in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages. But after I checked, the folder is empty.

Therefore, I did wrong installation? How to check that I have done right installation?

Thank you very much
Makmur

2010/1/22 Alexandru Csete <address@hidden>
2010/1/22 Makmur Hidayat <address@hidden>:
> Dear all,
> I want to install gnu radio on to ubuntu linux 9.04 (Jaunty). And I have
> downloaded the deb package as list below. After that, do I install all
> package one by one?

You can do that but I think you will find it more convenient to
install using the Synaptic package manager. Add the line
deb http://gnuradio.org/ubuntu stable main
to the repositories (Settings->Repositories->Other software) and after
you refresh you will have the gnuradio packages in the list.
Otherwise see http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/DebianPackages
for how you can use the command line.

Alex