[Discuss-gnuradio] BBN 802.11-b project - MAC Layer issue

From: Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] BBN 802.11-b project - MAC Layer issue
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:42:22 +0100

Hello

I've been analyzing the BBN project code (trunk and branches versions)
and I can't understand how is the MAC layer working.
As the standard 802.11 says, the minimal functionality is CSMA/Carrier
Avoidance but I haven't seen any implementation in this project.

Which part of the MAC is developed? I see 3 files only (in src/80211mac
folder):framing.py, simple_mac.py and mac_utils.py but I can't see where
the code does some 802.11 MAC tasks as Back-Off, where is testing the
medium and decide if it's busy or not, ...

--
Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo <address@hidden>