[Discuss-gnuradio] The latency between TX and RX

From: Brook Lin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] The latency between TX and RX
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:23:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

When I use benchmark_ofdm_tx.py and benchmark_ofdm_rx.py to transmit and
receive, I found that the transmitter side is faster than the receiver side.
For example, I give a small pkt size, say s=1200, and a large file size, say
M=5. When benchmark_ofdm_tx.py finished transmitting, at the receiver side,
only half of the transmitted packets are received, and the receiver will
keep receiving the rest. However, if I gave a smaller M, say M=1, the
receiver will receive all the packets when the transmitter just finish the
transmission. Why is that? How to solve it if I want to transmit a large
file? Could anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance,
Brook