Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting a git revision number from an old subver

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting a git revision number from an old subversion rev number
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:22:39 -0500

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Ketan Mandke <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been using an old version of the gnuradio trunk. I wanted to
> check out that old version again, but I noticed that the switch over
> to git has been completed and the subversion repository has been taken
> down. Although, the git repository still looks like it has old
> versions of the code back to 2006. Is there any way to convert a
> revision number from the subversion repository into a git revision
> number?

The subversion imported commits have the revision number at the end of
the description in the "git-svn-id" line. For example, you can create
and checkout a new branch with svn revision 10184 by doing the
following.

Find the commit hash from the git-svn-id.

  git log address@hidden

Create and checkout a new branch named r10184 from the commit hash.

  git checkout -b r10184 cd7b07f0140ddff6

That works for me, and I'm sure there are other ways as well. Hope that helps.

  Thomas