Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 in VirtualBox

From: Demijan Klinc
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 in VirtualBox
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:12:22 -0500

I was able to make USRP2 work with Ubuntu running in VirtualBox.

In order to do so one has to add a second network adapter appropriately. On a Mac, this is done by going to Settings (with Linux being highlighted in the VirtualBox window) -> Network ->
Choose Adapter 2 tab ->
Choose Attached to: "Bridged Adapter" -> Choose Name: Ethernet -> Click Advanced ->
Choose adapter type: "Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop.."

The USRP2 should now be reachable on eth1 in the VM.

It's VM environment, therefore speed suffers, but
it is possible to establish communication. I tried "find_usrps", "usrp2_siggen.py", "usrp2_fft.py"
all of which worked (albeit slow).

All the best,