[Discuss-gnuradio] Full duplex and half duplex doesnot work

From: abbasi9999
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Full duplex and half duplex doesnot work
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 06:00:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
Before i start telling about my problem, i want to mention that i have
already read the post named "help: cannot send after transport endpoint
shutdown" which is very close to my problem but i could not solve it.

I'm trying to transmit from the usrp  port A, and then make it receive at
the same port using "Auto T/R" which i expressed by typing "-v" (isn't it
correct) after the benchmark.
but some time it works and most of the times its not (not stable), when its
not working it shows me the following error:
address@hidden:~/Documents/abbasi/programmitx.py -f 1200000000 -m dbpsk -v
--tx-amplitude=0.08 -T A
>>> gr_fir_ccf: using SSE

Modulator:
bits per symbol:     1
Gray code:           True
RRC roll-off factor: 0.35
Tx amplitude     0.08
modulation:      dbpsk_mod
bitrate:         100kb/s
samples/symbol:    2
USRP Sink: A: Flex 1200 Tx MIMO B
Requested TX Bitrate: 100k Actual Bitrate: 125k
Warning: failed to enable realtime scheduling
address@hidden:~/Documents/abbasi/programmirx.py
-f 1200000000 -m dbpsk -v
>>> gr_fir_ccf: using SSE

Demodulator:
bits per symbol:     1
Gray code:           True
RRC roll-off factor: 0.35
Costas Loop alpha:   1.50e-01
Costas Loop beta:    5.62e-03
M&M mu:              0.50
M&M mu gain:         1.00e-01
M&M omega:           2.00
M&M omega gain:      2.50e-03
M&M omega limit:     0.01

Receive Path:
modulation:      dbpsk_demod
bitrate:         100kb/s
samples/symbol:    2
usrp_open_interface:usb_claim_interface: failed interface 2
could not claim interface 2: Device or resource busy
usrp_basic_rx: can't open rx interface
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mybenchmark_rx.py", line 112, in <module>
    main()
  File "mybenchmark_rx.py", line 101, in main
    tb = my_top_block(demods[options.modulation], rx_callback, options)
  File "mybenchmark_rx.py", line 45, in __init__
    self.rxpath = usrp_receive_path.usrp_receive_path(demodulator,
rx_callback, options)
  File
"/home/onur/Documents/abbasi/programming/examples/digital/usrp_receive_path.py",
line 68, in __init__
    self._setup_usrp_source(options)
  File
"/home/onur/Documents/abbasi/programming/examples/digital/usrp_receive_path.py",
line 73, in _setup_usrp_source
    self.u = usrp_options.create_usrp_source(options)
  File
"/home/onur/Documents/abbasi/programming/examples/digital/usrp_options.py",
line 88, in create_usrp_source
    gain=options.rx_gain,
  File
"/home/onur/Documents/abbasi/programming/examples/digital/generic_usrp.py",
line 144, in __init__
    _generic_usrp_base.__init__(self, **kwargs)
  File
"/home/onur/Documents/abbasi/programming/examples/digital/generic_usrp.py",
line 63, in __init__
    except: raise Exception, 'Failed to automatically setup a usrp device.'
Exception: Failed to automatically setup a usrp device.
address@hidden:~/Documents/abbasi/programming/examples/digital$

ON THE OTHER HAND:
when i try the full duplex (use a slot from block A as transmitter and slot
from block B as receiver) it also doesnot work. it will not be able to setup
the interface.

i appreciate your  help,
regards,