Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What time is it?

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What time is it?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:14:24 -0800

On 01/18/2010 01:02 PM, Per Zetterberg wrote:
Josh Blum wrote:
Glad you are trying out the branch. A few notes here:

1) There is a bug where after power-up, everytime (but the first) you
restart streaming and get samples there is junk data, and it will read
"bad vrt header". Its harmless, but should be fixed

2) FYI The second parameter to start_rx_streaming, if left out, means
stream asap.

3) The time registers are write only. There is no control packet to
read-back time registers. That should be removed from the code.

4) There needs to be a way to set the time on the next pps. This must
be added, I am working on this now.... When done, you should be able
to get the timestamp off of the serial port of a gps device and sync
up the usrp2 to the correct seconds. Or use your own free-running
seconds...

5) When you didnt get any samples back after setting time time: I cant
tell if this is a bug or just a bad time. I will test this out

-Josh

Does this imply that timestamps are completely useless without a pps
signal ?

4) This sounds brilliant!

Sync on pps only makes sense if you actually have a PPS signal coming in. If not, you'll need to use the free-running seconds count.

Matt