Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ITU speech coders for gnuradio

From: sandeep mishra
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ITU speech coders for gnuradio
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:20:16 +0530

hi all,
may be i am going to ask a stupid question but please answer it if somebody knows!!!

can any body tell what tools(hardware+software) are required to make a commercial gsma5.1 interceptor

waiting for your answer

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 10:21:14AM -0800, Veljko Pejovic wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, gnuradio version 3.2.2 and two USRP2 boards
> with XCVR2450 daughter boards.
>
> I would like to establish G.711 encoded voice communication between
> the two USRPs. I tested the link with tx_voice.py and rx_voice.py
> example scripts and the Full Rate GSM encoding works fine. However, I
> don't see a python interface for ITU speech coders (G.711, G.721,
> etc.) although there are appropriately named C files in
> gnuradio-core/src/lib/g72x directory. I'm really curious about these
> files as I can't see g72x.h being used anywhere in the gnuradio code.
>
> Are there any plans for a g72x interface?

Not in the sense of "Gee, it's on my list of things to do" ;-)
But if you're interested, you're probably the right person to make it happen!

> Also, if there is anyone with experience in voice over gnuradio, any
> suggestions are highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Veljko

Eric