[Discuss-gnuradio] Question about adding new files and making autotools

From: John Orlando
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about adding new files and making autotools happy
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 08:16:01 -0600

Hi all,
I'm working with GNUradio 3.2.2 on an Ubuntu 8.04 x86 box.  I'm in the process of making some modifications to the source that builds libusrp, and part of these modifications includes adding some new files under usrp/host/lib/legacy, where all the RF daughterboard code lives.  This seemed easy enough: add my files (foo.cc and foo.h) to this directory, update the Makefile.am located in usrp/host/lib/legacy so that the libusrp_la_common_SOURCES included foo.cc, update include_HEADERS so that it included foo.h, and re-run a top-level configure.  But I'm still missing something, because the Makefile for the usrp/host/lib/legacy directory that gets generated from the configure process doesn't include my new files, and thus my new code never get built.

I'm a complete noob with autotools, and I'm probably making some silly mistake, but I'm at a loss as to what that could be.  Couldn't find much on the mailing list or internet to point me down the right path.  Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks for the bandwidth.
--
Regards,
John Orlando