[Discuss-gnuradio] ITU speech coders for gnuradio

From: Veljko Pejovic
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ITU speech coders for gnuradio
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:21:14 -0800

Hi All,

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, gnuradio version 3.2.2 and two USRP2 boards
with XCVR2450 daughter boards.

I would like to establish G.711 encoded voice communication between
the two USRPs. I tested the link with tx_voice.py and rx_voice.py
example scripts and the Full Rate GSM encoding works fine. However, I
don't see a python interface for ITU speech coders (G.711, G.721,
etc.) although there are appropriately named C files in
gnuradio-core/src/lib/g72x directory. I'm really curious about these
files as I can't see g72x.h being used anywhere in the gnuradio code.

Are there any plans for a g72x interface?

Also, if there is anyone with experience in voice over gnuradio, any
suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Veljko