[Discuss-gnuradio] SD card failure

From: Gaetano Mendola
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SD card failure
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:30:31 +0100

Hi all,
I was affected by the SD card failure announced on Ettus site (got some
devices not working).

I have a questions, my local store doesn't have SD cards, but only
SDHC cards (4GB), will those work as well ?

I have some remarks to do as well, I hope Ettus will take those in consideration
to improve their procedures.

An email to all people that bought the usrp2 lately would have been better than
only a "news" on Ettus home page.

The instructions at

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRP2UserFAQ#HowdoIchangethefirmwareandfpgacodeontheSDCard

reported on that announcement are not complete; there is no mention on the fact
that in order to build the firmware you need the microblaze compiler,
and even that
isn't written where to find it, I found it with a bit of luck at:
http://gnuradio.org/tools,
also there is no mention on how to install it. Anyway after having
installed it, and
successfully compiled the firmware, I found that at the link:

http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/trunk/

is already compiled and ready to be installed :(

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

--
cpp-today.blogspot.com