Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Usrp2 unit tests + valgrind

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Usrp2 unit tests + valgrind
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:53:22 -0500

On 12/24/2009 04:03 PM, Matt Ettus wrote:
On 12/22/2009 01:54 PM, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
Hi all,
at the moment I'm following a project in where we use as
development technique the "test driven development".
We are using the libusrp2 as only component from gnuradio,
and what we are missing is a sort of Usrp2 simulator in
order to test our rx handlers. Does exist such component in
gnuradio?

We don't have a USRP2 simulator, but it would certainly be a good thing
to have.

I have seen you use as unit test framework CppUnit, lately
I have switched from CppUnit to gtest, is not hard to convert
the old CppUnit tests, I converted myself around 250 test
cases in a single day, having at the end more features like:
disable some tests, run a single one, repeat some tests
multiple time and other features you can read about it on
gtest documentation.

We'll have to take a look at gtest. Is cppunit no longer developed?

The last release is early 2008, but I see checkin's in their svn in the past month.

Philip

Running our application under valgrind (3.5.0) no usrp2 is found,
anyone has an idea why?

This may be a permissions problem. You need to have root access for raw
ethernet.

Matt