[Discuss-gnuradio] GL sinks freeze

From: Nick Foster
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GL sinks freeze
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 01:26:11 +0000

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with the OpenGL versions of the wxgui waterfall and FFT sinks. I'm using r11659 (8/30/09). To test the sinks, I just created a simple flowgraph with a 32ksps random stream (throttled) feeding the sinks, similar to what the built-in test methods for the sinks use.

The FFT sink freezes up after displaying a single frame in GL mode, and never updates. It then locks up, using 100% CPU. The waterfall sink doesn't even load; it just loads an empty gray box and then freezes. However, it doesn't use any CPU time. Both sinks work fine in non-GL mode. Interestingly, the GL versions of the scope sink and histogram sink seem to work fine, so I don't believe it to be an issue with my graphics driver (nvidia kernel driver on Ubuntu Hardy).

Are there any known issues with the GL waterfall or FFT sinks? Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'd like to use the extra functionality the GL waterfall sink offers.

Thanks,
Nick