Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Hopping/ center frequency /time

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Hopping/ center frequency /time
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:25:12 -0500

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:05 PM, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:
> I once looked in to this, and I believe that Matt once told me it takes
> ~200us for a daughterboard (I think it might have been RFX2400) to lock to a
> new frequency.  You can always set your bandwidth to a larger range and then
> transmit at different offsets within that range.

No need to re-tune as long as you're within 32MHz (maybe 64MHz due to
complex sampling?).

Since you have a good amount of bandwidth to work with at the host,
you could just "hop" at the host level with your samples and a mixer.

Or, if you need more bandwidth, you can put the hopping sequence into
the FPGA going into the DUC and go to a different phase accumulation
based on how many samples have just been transmitted.

Plenty of ways to skin this cat without having to retune as long as
you can fit within the DAC bandwidth.

Brian