Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem of compiling FPGA bin files.

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem of compiling FPGA bin files.
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:29:03 -0600 (CST)

Juha-

> Who has had success with 11.x? I'm eager to start working with the
> usrp2 code, but I cannot get the tools to work.
>
> I was on the phone today for 30 minutes with the local Xilinx sales
> rep and they just won't allow me to get 10.1.03. You can't buy it, you
> can't get it for free, and you can't even get it unofficially. They
> only offer the 11.x series ISE.

Suggest the following:

1) Tell your Xilinx sales rep to either a) help you with issues in porting from
10.1.03 to 11.1, or b) give you 10.1.
His argument is based on expected user ability to port.  If he really thinks
it's easy, then it's easy for him to help
you.

2) Post your specific porting issues on comp.arch.fpga.  Xilinx has a couple of
guys there who are helpful, plus you
are likely to get peer suggestions.

Since 1998, my experience has been that each new version of ISE is always a
porting headache.  This has historically
been a fundamental Xilinx issue.

-Jeff

> 2009/12/3 Matt Ettus <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Some people have had success with ISE 11.1, and some have not.  I have
>> not tried it yet, and am still on 10.1.03 which is known to work.  Early
>> in the new year I'll be moving to 11.1, but if anyone can figure out the
>> problems, that would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Matt
>>

>> On 12/01/2009 05:36 AM, ÖÜÁÁ wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I tried to use Xilinx ISE 11.1 to open project
>>> "usrp2/fpga/top/u2_fpga/u2_fpga.ise".There are some files missing,such
>>> as"fifo_generator_4_1.v" . And there are errors when implement design...

>>> Constraint <NET "adc_a[0]" LOC = "A14"
>>> ;>
>>> [u2_fpga.ucf(1)]: NET "adc_a[0]" not found. Please verify that:
>>> 1. The specified design element actually exists in the original design.
>>> 2. The specified object is spelled correctly in the constraint source file.
>>> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET "clk_muxed" TNM_NET >>
>>> "clk_muxed";>
>>> [u2_fpga.ucf(216)]: NET "clk_muxed" not found. Please verify that: