[Discuss-gnuradio] library for wrapping simd calls

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] library for wrapping simd calls
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 17:20:57 -0500

Found out about these little gems at the gr summit 09:

http://liboil.freedesktop.org/wiki/
http://www.schleef.org/orc/documentation/

If liboil does what I think it does, we only have to write the code once with liboil calls, and this library takes care of giving us a fast vectorized implementation on various platforms.

The internet is a big place, and helpful stuff like liboil could easily get missed. If anyone happens to come across a project that could make gnuradio faster/smarter, please share the knowledge!

-Josh