[Discuss-gnuradio] Building on OSX 10.6

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on OSX 10.6
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 14:56:55 -0500

Michael Dickens wrote:

2) Move to the GIT master, and limit compilation to just 32-bit mode -- and you should get full GNU Radio functionality (assuming you can get all of the background dependencies installed, e.g., via MacPorts).

Michael,

I've decided to take this approach for now.  I've cloned the latest
git master, but I'm a total beginner at git.  Where's the best place
to insert the "-arch i386" into CFLAGS to force a 32-bit build?  Is
it as simple as

./bootstrap
./configure
"make CFLAGS="-arch i386"
make check
sudo make install

or does it need to go in as a switch to "configure"?

By the way, we missed you at the "GnuRadio Summit '09"
last night after the SDR '09 sessions.