Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] failed to allocate buffer size error

From: Mir M. Ali
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] failed to allocate buffer size error
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 18:48:39 -0600

I think the same too. When I restarted the system it went through without a hitch. I am using Ubuntu 8.10, gnuradio 3.2, Intel Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz/4MB cache computer with 2 GB RAM.

Thanks,
Mir

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 04:20:16PM -0600, Mir M. Ali wrote:
> Hi,
> Why does this error occur when usrp_sink is replaced with a file_sink  in
> the transmit_path?
>
> *gr_fir_fff: using SSE
> gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (0): No space left on device
> gr_buffer::allocate_buffer: failed to allocate buffer of size 64 KB
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
>   what():  std::bad_alloc
> Aborted*

Sounds like your system is either out of memory (and/or swap), or that
the number of Sys V shared memory segments that is configured on your
system is small.  What OS, version, distribution and CPU architecture
are you using?

If you run "make check" from the top of the GNU Radio tree, does it pass?
During the check, it allocates and frees many, many shared memory segments.

Eric