Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Diving into BBN802.11 code: compiling & working

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Diving into BBN802.11 code: compiling & working
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:47:25 -0500

Hi Juan,

  - Do you use any guide-interface linux-based to work with BBN 802.11 code? or are you
modifying the code from the console (with an editor like gedit)?

I won't speak for everyone, but I work from the console...

  - If I modify something on the C++ blocks, do you know how to compile the full code?

You can do a "make" to rebuild the code changes, and then a "sudo make install" to make sure that you reinstall the changes made to the library so that the python code can access it.

  - Do you recommend me anything before diving into the BBN code? (I've been looking the
BBN 802.11b code, and I identify all parts of the code: PHY & MAC but I don't know how is
the overall working).

 It's all about understanding the block connections in GNU Radio.  Look at the python code, which instantiates the C++ blocks, and look at how the python code connects these blocks.  Then, you know how data flows through the C++ blocks and how the data is processed.

- George