Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital amplitude in benchmark_tx.py

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital amplitude in benchmark_tx.py
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:54:47 +0100

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 07:53:11PM -0600, neha kochar wrote:
> (i)  I saw the option of digital amplitude in benchmark_tx.py. Could someone
> tell me the gain of which component on the USRP board is controlled by this
> digital amplitude.

None is. Have a closer look at transmit_path.py, and you'll see this
controls the signal level before the ADC. When you set amp == 1, the
full ADC scale will be used -- however, this will also cause the
saturation effects (when you run the ADC at full scale, you will get
spurious signals, which is why you should back off a bit). I guess that
also explains the rest...

Cheerio
MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)