[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 802.11 BBN code on the TX side

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 802.11 BBN code on the TX side
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:08:47 -0500

Hi all,

Yes, a couple USRP2 802.11 BBN code threads ;)  Trying to separate the discussions a bit.

Did anyone get the TX code to properly interoperate with an 802.11 card?  I have the usrp2_version branch running, with my modification to fix the transmission filter, and I am using a probe responses payload as the packet payload sent to the USRP.  I have barker spreading enabled, and am using the long preamble.  So the code should append the long preamble, and modulate the probe response data, then pump it out.

I don't see anything trying to decode with an 802.11 card in monitor mode.  Unfortunately I don't know of a way to get the card to report detecting preambles or PLCP's, so it's kind of hard to debug the PLCP here.  But, using the loopback with the 802.11 probe response data, the code is able to decode it properly.  So... it seems like something is borked on the TX side.

If anyone has gotten interoperability, let me know.  If anyone knows of any outstanding issues, let me know :)  I will continue debugging in the mean time.

- George