[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 IEEE802.11p and 802.11a

From: Valerio, Danilo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 IEEE802.11p and 802.11a
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:38:54 +0100

Hi Colby, Hi Doug, Hi all,

In the last months we worked on implementing IEEE802.11p in gnuradio.
We started from scratch because it differs considerably from the BBN code.

We successfully tested our transmitter against an 802.11p box.

802.11p and 802.11a do not differ too much from each other.
Thus, by changing a few parameters we were also able to receive gnuradio
USRP2-generated frames with an 802.11a atheros chipsets (even at 54Mbps).

We will submit a paper to the 6th Karlsruhe workshop on SDR, describing the
implementation details.
After some small refinements we will also put our code on CGRAN.

Note that at this moment we only have the transmitter side.
Yes, I know, the receiver is the most challenging part, but step by step,
i hope we will finally have a full OFDM-based IEEE802.11 transceiver on
CGRAN...
:-D

Best Regards,
Danilo