Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX400 address@hidden

From: Glenn Richardson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX400 address@hidden
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:29:07 -0500

Hi Mathias,

Yes, I have. However to get it to really work at ~150MHz, I had to change the VCO with an ADF4360-8. After the tricky job of removing the original VCO, you also have to modify the db_flexrf files such that it configures the VCO dividers correctly. We did finally get it transmitting in the 145MHz ham band.

If there is additional interest in this band, I would love get a patch summited with these code changes, particularly if we assigned this set of mods / board configuration with it's own ID such that both the standard flex400 and this modified flex200? would both work.

I don't have a list of the final mods handy, but I think there where various other filters at least that needed to be changed out.
Glenn

Mathias Coinchon wrote:
Hi,

I am about to modify a RFX400 daughterboard to operate around 200MHz by changing inductors as explained in the wiki.

Has anyone tried this successfully before for frequencies below 300MHz ?
I am doubtful about the final TX amplifier of the board (RF3315 from RFMD) that specify a minimum frequency of 300MHz. Can it be pushed down to 200MHz ?
If not, does someone know a replacement amplifier circuit ?

Thank you.

Mc
PS: Any news on the WBX0510 daughtboard (50MHz-1GHz) release plan ?