Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] some questions on our ubuntu installation instruc

From: Doug Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] some questions on our ubuntu installation instructions
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:32:15 -0500

Josh Blum wrote:
2) There's no sdcc-nf in Karmic, because the new version if GPL3, so
it's back in main. Why is there the note "*Package sdcc-nf is no
longer part of Ubuntu, this will not allow you to build everything
*"???

Its needed for usrp. Is there a special non-free ubuntu repository for this? Otherwise, we may have to have a link to the debian package download http://packages.debian.org/lenny/sdcc-nf

Strange - I didn't notice this as my machine is an upgrade from 9.04, but sdcc-nf is indeed not in karmic. Apparently with v 2.9.0+ sdcc is back together in the main repository, so we no longer require the non-free package. I suppose the only way to be sure about that is to try...
Doug

--
Douglas Geiger
Code 5545