[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 TVRX C++ code question

From: Sebastiaan Heunis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 TVRX C++ code question
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 03:19:57 +0200

Hi everyone

I recently upgraded my Gnuradio to the latest version to be able to
work with the USRP2.  I think the previous version was 3.1.3.  The
code controlling the TVtuner daughterboards was in a file named
db_tv_rx.py.  I modified the file to be able to set each gain stage
separately.  I notice that with the new Gnuradio version the code
controlling daughterboards is now written in C++.  Can someone please
tell me what modifications I need to make to set the gains separately
with the C++ code?  I added three public functions to access the
private void _set_rfagc(float gain), void _set_ifagc(float gain) and
void _set_pga(float pga_gain) functions to db_tv_rx.cc and db_tv_rx.h,
but when I call these functions from a Gnuradio application after
rebuilding Gnuradio, I get 'db_base_sptr has no attribute
set_gain_rf'.  I'm guessing this has to do with the boost/swig
interface between Python and C++.  Where do I correct this?  I added
declarations in db_base.h and db_base.i, but then I get build errors
relating to the other types of daughterboards.

Thanks.

Sebastiaan

--
Sebastiaan Heunis
Radar Remote Sensing Group, University of Cape Town, South Africa