Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 noise floor peculiarities

From: RH200
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 noise floor peculiarities
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:48:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi we to have been getting interesting stuff at low power levels. Some one is
trying to implement and RFI scanning system using a small dish to scan for
RFI between 800 MHz and 1800 MHz. Using the USRP2 and DBRX and its a bit
hard to tell the difference at times between the birdies in the system and
RFI.

Also does anyone have a reliable estimate of the noise tempreture for the
USRP2 DBRX combination?

Attached is three images each image has two plots one is a linear plot the
other is a logarithmic scale. One plot is the dish and LNA coupled with the
log perodic antenna. The other plot is the LNA terminated, and the last one
is the USRP2 terminated. The plots are just lots of little data captures
stiched together.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26159950/rfi_logper_20091020b.png
rfi_logper_20091020b.png
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26159950/rfi_termamp_20091020.png