Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Assertion `dac_rate () == 128000000' failed.

From: Alexander Chemeris
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Assertion `dac_rate () == 128000000' failed.
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 00:35:47 +0300

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 23:28, Thomas Tsou <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Alexander Chemeris
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm now trying to make GnuRadio usable with OpenBTS without
>> patching of GnuRadio and this is show-stopper for me now.
>>
>> PS Whom should I contact with more re-clocking related fixes?
>> To date no Python examples seem to work with re-clocked USRP
>> without patching. I'm seeking for a way to make them working
>> without too much changes. Probably USRP FPGA frequency can
>> be set from environment variable? Is there any nicer way to do this?
>>

> Most gnuradio development occurs with git, so the easiest way to get
> changes accepted upstream is by generating patches against the master
> branch at:
>
> http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git master
>
> Patches or pull requests from a published repository clone can be
> submitted to the patch-gnuradio mailing list.

Thank you for information!
I do hate this awkward heap, named git, so I'd better go with patches.

> I currently work with both openbts and gnuradio, so I can assist with
> host side re-clocking or git issues. I'm still getting setup on the
> hardware side, but as a start for testing I created an openbts branch
> in my repo at:
>
> git://github.com/ttsou/gnuradio-ttsou.git openbts
>
> Viewable at:
>
> http://github.com/ttsou/gnuradio-ttsou/tree/openbts

Hum, why branch GnuRadio if it works pretty nicely with OpenBTS?

> For your last question, using the mid-level interfaces in usrp_basic
> may be more appropriate for your needs.

Right. But problem is that no python code (especially examples)
don't set FPGA clock rate on start. So you either need to modify
all python examples (ugh!) or provide a way to set default FPGA
clock rate without touching any python files. One way I see is to
pull default FPGA clock rate from environment.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.