Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio companion

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio companion
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:07:14 -0400

 I think the only part which will be a potential stumbling block is
the PLCP block - which does the de-framing of the demodulated signal,
and puts it in a message queue. As I understand it you can have
message queues in GRC, but since there's no 'display' it may seem
non-obvious about what to do with it. The rest of the blocks are
pretty well-behaved as far as going in GRC - I believe I got it
working once without much difficulty. So if you're just concerned with
the 'lower level's - i.e. the physical layer, as the original poster
apparently is - you can put the FIR filter, slicer (which together do
the de-spreading), and demodulation blocks in GRC, no problem. Bear in
mind, since the PLCP is where the de-scrambling happens in the current
code, you either have to instantiate a de-scrambler block (I believe
the one defined in the BBN code works, but isn't even used as a
stand-alone block), or just remember the bits coming out of the demod
are still scrambled.
 Doug

--
Doug Geiger