[Discuss-gnuradio] how to reduce data rate in OFDM

From: bin zan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to reduce data rate in OFDM
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:08:25 -0400

Hi all,
      My current equipment seems can't handle normal parameter setting for OFDM test. The receiver can only receive very small number of packet correctly. One possible reason maybe because the host can't catch up the process speed. So, I would like to modify some paramters and reduce the process burden on the cpu side. I noticed the bandwidth can be reduce by given maximum interpolation/decimation numbers. If I reduce fft-length it might also make the cpu easy. However, even after I tried the following parameters, the output is still very bad. Does any one have any suggestion?
./benchmark_ofdm_rx.py -f 40M -d 256 --fft-length=32 --occupied-tones=16 --cp-length=2
./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py -f 40M -i 512 --fft-length=32 --occupied-tones=16 --cp-length=2

Thanks,
Bin Zan