[Discuss-gnuradio] Boost_1_40_0 &Hardy

From: RH200
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Boost_1_40_0 &Hardy
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 22:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I have usualy had some one who knows what they are doing installing GNU
radio on other computers but this time I gave it a go myself. I got the
install help web page up and ran the instructions for Hardy on there. Then I
down loaded boost_1_40_0 from the place requested. This model boost did not
have the configure requirments so I followed the boot strap & bjam
instructions supplied, but with prefix and libraries as instructed for the
Ubuntu install. /opt/boost_1_40_0.

I Then got the gnuradio package using svn and followed all the insrtuction
from the ubuntu install guide except using the new boost version. At the
make section I get the following

g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -pthread -o .libs/gnuradio-config-info
gnuradio-config-info.o  ./.libs/libgnuradio-core.so -lboost_program_options
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options

followed by the leaving dirs sequence and error code 2

I have tried different options for the last couple of days and have gotten
nowhere,  I'm running 64 bit Hardy on a  xeon machine, any ideas would be
great.