[Discuss-gnuradio] another newbie question

From: Steve Mitan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] another newbie question
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 00:10:10 -0400

Hi all

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 and, after some trial and error, installed gnuradio
and grc per the instructions shown in "Debian Package Repository for GNU
Radio"

Do I get gnuradio up and running by building it from scratch using grc or do
I have to do the following:

$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make check
$ sudo make install

I am concerned that if I do the ./bootstrap, etc, I am going to be creating
problems. (I have re-installed Ubunu several times in order to clean up the
problems I had created by my trial and error method of learning.)

I have spent several hours trying to find info on the web and gnuradio web
site but haven't been able to find something that is simple enough for me to
follow.

I am a user of HPSDR and have PowerSDR up and running, but gnuradio appears
not to be as simple to install and run.

Thanks for your help

Steve