[Discuss-gnuradio] Observation concerning decimation with CIC

From: Christoph Thein
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Observation concerning decimation with CIC
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:45:23 +0200

Hello,

we have implemented synchronized reception with two USRP2's using a common
clock and the 1PPS signal to be able to use the two ethernet interfaces. This
works quite good but we observed one thing.

When we set the decimation rate to an odd number (5 in our case), the samples
are aligned perfectly. When we use an even numbered decimation rate, we could
detect unalignments in some of our test runs with the same setup.

We have the idea that this is related to the way the decimation is performed
(refer to "Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Filtering/Decimation Question" for
more details) i.e. if only the CIC is involved it works fine otherwise there
are some troubles.

Does anybody have made similar observations or is able to tell more about the
problem?

Thanks,

Hanwen  & Christoph