[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 scaling of short and float samples

From: hanwen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 scaling of short and float samples
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:36:11 +0200

Hi GRers,

What is the scaling of USRP2 TX/RX samples for float and short type? I noticed that the absolute values of received float complex samples of USRP2 are below 1. I remeber in USRP the values are +/-several thousand at maximum which match the resolution of ADC/DAC. But how are the samples of USRP2 are scaled?
I also noticed that in gnuradio/usrp2/host/apps/tx_samples.cc there is a FPGA scaling using set_tx_scale_iq(). How does it work?

Thanks!

Bests,
Hanwen