[Discuss-gnuradio] fundamentals of block-connections, message queue etc.

From: Ulrika Uppman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] fundamentals of block-connections, message queue etc.
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:08:53 +0200

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get a grip of how the software code works in gnuradio. At the
moment I'm looking at the bbn 802.11b rx implementation.

I would like to understand how the data stream is transported from the usrp
source block and further to the rest of the processing blocks that are
connected together. There is a message queue involved, but how and where is the
data added to the queue? Is there another way of putting data in the message
queue than using the inset_tail function?

I have read the general documentation on how the gnuradio code is built by
David Shen, and I have also been reading the gr code, but I still can't seem to
figure it all out. Can someone please point me in the right direction on where
to look for this kind of documentation?

Thanks!
/Ulrika