Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:16:36 +0200

Hi Matt,
here are the links to the old stuff:

the article at the Karlsruhe conference
www.legalepellegrini.it/ing/PellegriniBacciLuise_WSR08_CR.pdf

the demo there
www.legalepellegrini.it/ing/Soft-DVB-Karlsruhe.mp4

an ofdm file ready to be sent over the air with gr and the usrp
www.legalepellegrini.it/ing/ofdm_40.dump

some new demo stuff, that is soft-dvb within a new sdr framework of my own,
a modified version of ffmpeg, a smart buffer to make ffmpeg's output
CBR, an UDP/IP encapsulation layer and other stuff that I did to be
able to implement an entire tv broadcasting station in pure software
over 1 or 2 host PCs
www.legalepellegrini.it/quick-dvb-in-newRADIO.VRO

this instead is the DVB-T receiver project ( 8MHz channel over the
USRP 1!!) that I'm doing at Pisa University with some Master Thesis
studentas that are working with me
www.legalepellegrini.it/ing/SR-DVBT_Project_Status_Brief2.pdf
www.legalepellegrini.it/ing/1stReceivedTS.png

the receiver works pretty good but it is now still far from realtime.
We have reasonable hopes to take it to realtime on ordinary COTS HW.

Sourcecode of soft-dvb is not currently available as I'm evaluating
possibilities for some commercial usage of it, within the independent
framework. Still I believe that resources like these.. especially
signal dumps can be of soime use to the gnuradio project.

BTW
I'm now testing the whole thing over the usrp2..

regards

vincenzo