Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How quickly can I retune?

From: Andrew Lutomirski
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How quickly can I retune?
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:40:41 -0400

If, however, you want to retune without stopping and restarting
sampling or having underruns, I know how to do it and can explain /
send patches (for C++ -- I never bothered implementing the Python
part).

In my experience, it takes a second or two before the local oscillator
on the TVRX really settles down.

Eric et al: I have some patches to the FPGA code that allow pausing
sampling for a predetermined number of samples (so you can retune
without losing track of time) and to improve the DDC startup behavior
a little (some state was leaking across runs, but I haven't gotten it
fully fixed).  Want them?

--Andy