Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing benchmark_rx.py for spectrum access

From: Dan Rosenqvist
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing benchmark_rx.py for spectrum access
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 01:07:20 -0700 (PDT)

Ali Siddiqi wrote:

> Hi,
> Did the flowgraph of the code (in which you added the timeout) involved
> receive_path???
>
> Regards,
> Ali
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Dan Rosenqvist <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> Umair Nasir wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > This question is asked a number of times. And I believe it shouldn't be
>> > that
>> > tough. Somebody explain where to put this logic in benchmark_rx.py
>> >
>> > If no data received
>> >             set freq to freq number 2
>> > else
>> >             stay on the current freq
>> >

>> > Waiting for a response.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Umair

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've done this (not in benchmark_rx) by simply adding a timeout
>> (utilizing
>> wxpython see Timer) and a global variable that keeps track of which
>> frequency to switch to. If no data is received before the timeout, I
>> simply
>> switch to freq 2.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dan
>> --

Hi,

Here's a short cut-out with the code I've used:

---------------------------------
class transceiver(gr.top_block):
    def __init__(self, rx_callback):
        gr.top_block.__init__(self)
        self.usrp_decim = 16
        u=usrp.source_c(0, self.usrp_decim)
        self.rxpath=oqpsk_rx_graph(rx_callback,u)
        self.connect(self.rxpath)
        self.txpath=transmit_path()
        self.connect(self.txpath)

class cs_mac(wx.Frame):
    def __init__(self, parent, id, title):
        wx.Frame.__init__(self, parent, id, title, size=(0, 0))
        self.SenseTimer=wx.Timer(self, id=0)
        self.Bind(wx.EVT_TIMER, self.OnSenseTimer, id=0)

    def OnSenseTimer(self,event):
        tb.rxpath.u.tune(tb.rxpath.subdev._which, tb.rxpath.subdev,
2405000000+(op.current_channel-11)*5000000)

class ieee_transceiver(wx.App):
    def OnInit(self):
        global tb
        global frame