Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any idea what can make a usrp stop working?

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any idea what can make a usrp stop working?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:53:13 -0500

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Jonathan Coveney<address@hidden> wrote:
> OSX. I got my USRP up and running, and now it isn't. In system profile it

> usb_control_msg failed: usb_control_msg(DeviceRequestTO): pipe is stalled
> fusb_ephandle_darwin::read_completed: Expected 32768 bytes; read 0.
> fusb_ephandle_darwin::read_completed: Expected 32768 bytes; read 0.
> fusb_ephandle_darwin::read_completed: Expected 32768 bytes; read 0.

I periodically get this error, I just unplug the usrp and plug it back
and that usually fixes the problem.

I'm not sure if there is a reason that this happens, but the cable
cycling always fixed the problem for me (there were discussions in the
past about the reliability of the USB port's solder connections, maybe
thats it?)

Jason