[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem of benchmark_ofdm_rx.py. Could not receive.

From: Milo Wong
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem of benchmark_ofdm_rx.py. Could not receive.
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:04:18 -0700

Hi,

I was doing a test using benchmark_ofdm_tx and rx to achieve the ofdm communication between two USRPs. At first, both USRPs could transmit and receive correctly. However, after swithing tx/rx part for a few times, one USRP suddenly failed in receiving (still can transmit), no matter which host PC it connected to. While, the other one still could work both in tx and rx. The one could not receive sometimes had "TIME OUT" after I stopped transmitting on the other side, or sometimes it only displayed a received wrong package with a very big packge number, or sometimes it had nothing to display.

We tried to switched two daughter boards and the problem was the same, still that one could not receive. Here are our test information:

Ubuntu 9.04
gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-examples/python/ofdm/benchmark_ofdm_tx & rx
USRP/RFX2400

run command:

sudo python benchmark_ofdm_tx.py -f 2.45G
sudo python benchmark_ofdm_rx.py -f 2.45G

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem? Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Yuan